Sunday, July 8, 2012

The weirdest thing at Dam Square


Yesterday it was a beautiful sunny day in Amsterdam and my rock star friend, Manon Planting was with me to enjoy it!

We first started off by going to the Amsterdam cat boat on the Singel canal. I go there every month until one day I will finally have an apartment where I can take one home!

After, we parked our “Ferraris” (Bikes) in the Dam Square and went to this cute silly little store called The Condomerie which has all these funny condoms in different colors and designs.

The sun was still shinning and we were walking around the Dam when a young adult, walked up to Manon and started making conversation with her. It was in Dutch so she later told me he was just making normal conversation and bluntly asked her age. We then kept observing that he was going around talking to random girls and reporting to an older man maybe in his mid-20s. He would talk to a girl, report and go back to another girl and talk again.

This really caught our interest so we kept observing we soon found out there was a group of older men and a group of younger adults that were doing this back and forth process. It was the weirdest thing I have ever seen at the Dam Square in my life and come on I live in Amsterdam and am by the Dam square almost every day!

So Manon decided if she ran into the guy that spoke to her she would ask him what he was doing. BAM! We found him. She asked him. Hehehehehehe.

Basically it was a day course he was doing to be social because he’s very shy in… well, being social!

Luckily in the Dam Square you find the coolest and most willing people to talk to so he was set, he must have been there all afternoon!

We missed the rest of the show because we went to go sit outside and enjoy the sun at the best milkshake place in Amsterdam that is interestingly enough a coffee shop (no the milkshake doesn’t have drugs in it) AMNESIA! You go Amnesia!

Here are a few clicks, I didn’t get to take pictures of the guys around Dam Square because I was too busy observing with my own two eyes! 


Taking a nap?

Protect your knight for the night!

New performers around the Dam!




Another new performer.

2 comments:

  1. First photo (Taking a nap?): I already did, on the same spot, after the Queen's Day celebration, seven years ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he was taking a nap on a normal day though ;)

      Delete