Sunday, July 1, 2012

Through the canals


Last Friday, a classmate of mine, a friend turned 20 and she celebrated her day going through the Amsterdam canals with friends and family.

It was my soul mates and I first time to experience this “Dutchy” way of partying on a boat in Amsterdam.

Amsterdam is beautiful on foot or bike but by boat…it’s breathtaking! It was a warm afternoon and bikes were ringing and cameras were clicking all around Amsterdam.   Of course I also had to snap a few pictures but I wanted to take it all in so I had my soul mate snap some things I would see by the eye that I wanted to capture in photo.  So props to him for snapping some of the pictures below!

“Brug” was the word that stuck to me the whole day, in Dutch it means bridge. Every time we would go under the bridge someone would shout Burg for the people standing and even the taller people sitting to duck down a little. So cute J

I loved the atmosphere around. It was so warm on the boat and around the canals. The warmth of people in Amsterdam makes Amsterdam Amsterdam. Tourists and locals were waving while they were outside enjoying the sunny day just like us all on the boat.

It’s an amazing experience that I recommend all to do if they come to Amsterdam, rent a boat and have some fun in the sun…with wine!

Table out: Dinner outisde


Randomness of Amsterdam







Anne Frank ´nough said.




No comments:

Post a Comment