Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Busy Sunday @ Westerpark [ Neighborhood food market + Cannabis Liberation Day party ]

This Sunday the sun was shinning and Westerpark was packed with different smells and interesting people.
First there was the Neighborhood food market - a bunch of booths with a diversity of foods. I went for Mexican food and my soulmate went for the well known famous burgers in Amsterdam: The Young Pretenders burgers. I really enjoyed taking photos there except it was so packed sometimes it was hard to get that spur of the moment shot.
Right down the path there was a Cannabis Liberation day party - I don't really understand why there is a party for that but yep there was one! You could smell the weed everywhere. There were many booths; most of them were booths giving out free stuff other booths were snacks to kill the munchies. There was a lot more space to take photos but I was a little hesitant. Its a whole different crowd and I wasn't sure how people would feel about me taking photos of them with a joint in their hand.
I was really amused by the whole party in itself, they were giving out FREE space cake, there was this super mellow band playing, people walked around carrying a cannabis plant (wherever they got that from) and there was a bouncy castle for kids. WHAT?! I was amused. Still am.
Sundays like this are what makes Amsterdam, Amsterdam. There is no other place in the world where you can eat Mexican, Indian, Chinese, etc ... food in the sun, in the park, and right down the path have a CANNABIS party. 

I love you Amsterdam, keep the sun coming!
Here are the pics I got to take. Enjoy!

PS: Can you guess which ones were taken at the food market and which ones were taken at the Cannabis party? ;-)


















No comments:

Post a Comment