Sunday, February 5, 2012

-18ºC and SNOW

After months of asking for it, it is finally here...SNOW! Amsterdam is covered in the purest color, white. I am in love more than what  I was before.
On my way to University snow was falling at full force and while I was on the tram I saw it all. Children outside with their snowballs waiting for the tram to pass to take a shot at it, smaller children throwing their first snowball of the year to their parents legs because they cant stretch their arms much higher. It is beautiful. Bikes are powdered in white and the ground looks like one big white carpet, the kind of carpet you don't want to walk through due to its untouched beauty. 
The cold doesn't stop Amsterdam from living, people ride their bikes everywhere, they still walk outside and for the kids this is their moment of joy to be outside playing and rolling on the ground making snow angels.
Bright and early when I wake up I am drawn into my view from the living room window. It brings such peacefulness; like I am the only in the world. The only one living in this purity. But throughout the day, the purity and peace never stops. The snow has such a powerful effect. It makes things look so fragile, beautiful and peaceful all at the same time.  I love it.
Keep the snow coming Amsterdam!




1 comment:

  1. Que esta paz te acompanhe em todas as estações do ano. Com muita alegria.
    Lindas fotos... lindo blog.
    Super beijos brasileiros,
    De muito sol e calor,
    Fênix.

    ReplyDelete